Shading community playgrounds with shade canopies
- Ultraviolet rays are most intense between 10 am-4 pm…Recess and play time at the parks are most visited at this time.
- One Blistering Sunburn in a child or adolescence doubles a person’s risk for developing melanoma.
- The cost of shading a playground is seen as expensive and sometimes unnecessary, a 10×10 area averages $10,000.
- The Sun Shade Project funds and organizes the placement of effective shade structures over local playgrounds and parks.
If you have a playground that needs shade, please contact us and we will review your request.
BREC Perkins Road Community Park Playground!
(Kenilworth and Perkins Road)
- This is the most visited park in the BREC system, with over 27,000 households visiting yearly.
- We provided over 3,200 square feet of Shade
Total Cost of Project: $38,000 | Ribbon Cutting of this Sun Shade: Fall 2014
BREC Goodwood Neighborhood Playground
- Funding on-going
Total Cost of Project: $15,000 | Ribbon Cutting of this Sun Shade: Fall 2015
Help us shade your community playgrounds by supporting The Sun Shade Project and donating today!